We in this article have broken down in bits the full guidelines and procedures required for the 2020 National Horticultural Research Institute recruitment. We have also explained all the necessary information involved in the requirements and qualification of the NIHORT recruitment exercise. Kindly read this article to the end, to get the information you seek concerning the 2020 NIHORT recruitment.
About NIHORT Recruitment
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), which is under the coordination of the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN), was initially referred to as the National Fruit and Vegetable Research Development Centre (NFVRDC). It is a Federal Agency in Nigeria that is majorly involved with the development and production of Agricultural produce for local distribution and export activities.
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), was established in the year 1974. NIHORT possesses one thousand, six hundred and seventy (1, 671) hectares of land in total. The headquarters, located at Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, comprises of three hundred and fifty (350) hectares. The Horticultural Institute also has a substation in Imo State, comprising of another eight hundred and ten (810) hectares of land. The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), in Imo State is located in the humid forest zone of Okigwe. The renowned Horticultural Institute has another substation on a three hundred and ten (310) hectares of land at Baguada, in the Guinea Savannah zone of Kano, Kano State, Nigeria. The National Horticultural Research Institute, also known as NIHORT, has an experimental station in the Sudan Savannah zone of Dadinkowa, in Gombe State, on a one hundred and twenty six (126) hectares of land, and also another at Riyom, in the mid altitude zone of Jos, Plateau State, on a seventy five (75) hectares of land.
NIHORT Recruitment Goals
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), is the prime Horticultural Research Institute in Nigeria and West Africa as a whole, and is charged with a mandate to carry out intensive research on vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants and spices. These four major categories of plants, comprises of more than one hundred and fifty different plant species.
The major goal of the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) in Nigeria is to:
- Develop a sustainable Agro production and utilization of horticultural crops in order to achieve excellence in vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants, spices as well as other aromatic plant research in Nigeria.
- Helping to boost the economic development of the Country, via the Agricultural sector, through the exports of Agricultural goods and services.
- Help develop horticultural produces and products, for local distribution and export markets with industrial raw materials, attendant health and employment generation benefits.
Nihort Research Programs
Research Programs in the National Horticultural Research Institute popularly known as NIHORT extends to various branches such as:
- Integrated Pest Management.
- Ornamental Plants Improvement Program.
- Fruits Improvement Program.
- Citrus Improvement Program.
- Vegetables Improvement Program.
- Farming Systems and Extension Development Program.
This renowned Federal Agency in Nigeria, welcomes application from candidates all over the Federation, every recruitment year. We have taken time to make intensive research on the NIHORT recruitment, including getting information from the previous years’ recruitment exercise, to give you updated information on the requirements of this Horticultural institution during their recruitment and screening exercise.
Requirements For Nihort Recruitment
For candidates that are interested in applying for the NIHORT recruitment, you need to make sure you possess the following:
- Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE in any related course, and certificates must be obtained from any renowned institution.
- National Diploma (ND) or a National Certificate of Education (NCE), obtained from any renowned institution.
- West African Senior School Certificate (WASSC), or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSC), with credits in at least three (3) subjects including English Language.
- National Examination Council (NECO) certificate, with passes in minimum of four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at maximum of two sittings with credit passes in core subjects, English Language inclusive.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) certificate (Advanced Level), with credit passes in at least two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or credit passes in minimum of three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings. English Language must be included the core subjects i.e a credit in English Language is compulsory.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIHORT RECRUITMENT
For information on how to apply to apply for the NIHORT recruitment exercise, kindly visit the official NIHORT portal; www.nihort.gov.ng, or visit this page regularly, as we will keep you updated on any information concerning the NIHORT recruitment.
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) recruitment application form is not yet available. On this note, we would like to advise you to disregard any news about the availability of the NIHORT recruitment form for now. Kindly avoid any affiliations in any way with regards to this kind of news, to avoid being misled.
This page will be automatically updated as soon as the NIHORT recruitment application form is out and is on sale. You are hereby advised to bookmark or save this page and reload it regularly, because we are expecting the form to be out soon, and we will keep you updated once it happens.
Candidates interested in the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) recruitment application, should note that they are allowed to apply for one job position only. Those who get themselves involved in multiple applications will render their entire application invalid.
The NIHORT recruitment online application for the 2020 recruitment exercise is absolutely free. And we advise that you do not pay money to anyone who claims to work with the Horticultural board or anyone who claims to be selling the application form, because it is all free.
We absolutely cherish your opinion, and we look forward to getting one. Kindly comment below using the comment section, if you are interested in this recruitment exercise or any other recruitment opportunity, as we will keep you updated as soon as there is an update on this recruitment application form (or available forms).
- ICPC Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- NNPC Recruitment
- INEC Recruitment
- Federal Ministry Of Education Recruitment
- FRSC Recruitment
- NDDC Recruitment
- NECO Recruitment
- Jamb Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- NSCDC Recruitment
- Immigration Service Recruitment