The National Universities Commission of Nigeria (NUC) is a renowned Federal Agency that is popularly known for promoting quality in Universities in Nigeria. Getting recruited under the commission is quite difficult, as the competition is on the high side.
This article will guide you, and inform you on what it takes to be successfully recruited under NUC.
While doing what we know how to do best; which is creating a general awareness of Job recruitment information in Nigeria and in foreign Countries, we have encountered some commonly asked questions with regards to the 2020 NUC recruitment.
About The National Universities Commission
NUC is a Government Operated Agency in Nigeria that takes part in the development of Higher Education. It was founded in the year 1962. The National Universities Commission is currently accepting applications from candidates that are qualified to apply for the 2020 NUC recruitment.
Keep reading to find out if you are qualified for this recruitment exercise.
The mission of the National Universities Commission is to ensure the orderly development of a well – coordinated and productive University system that will guarantee quality and relevant education for national development and global competitiveness.
The vision of the National University Commission is to be a dynamic regulatory agency acting as a catalyst for positive change and innovation for the delivery of quality university education in Nigeria.
The diverse goals of the National Universities Commission (NUC) are stated below;
- NUC upgrades and maintains physical facilities in the Nigerian University System for delivery of quality university education.
- The National Universities Commission fosters partnership between the Nigerian University System and the private sector.
- To attain a stable and crisis – free University system.
- To develop and promote proficiency in the use of Information Communication Technology (ICT) for service delivery within the Commission and the Nigerian University System.
- To match University graduates output with national manpower needs.
- To work with Universities all over the Country, so as to achieve full accreditation status for at least 80% of their academic programs.
General Requirements For The National Universities Commission (NUC)
The points stated below, are the basic requirements, demanded by the National Universities Commission (NUC) for the 2020 recruitment exercise.
Applicant are therefore advised to take note of the following requirements listed below, so as to stand a chance of getting recruited under National Universities Commission (NUC) in the 2020 recruitment exercise.
The requirements for the 2020 National Universities Commission (NUC) recruitment include the following;
- Interested applicants must have a clear criminal record.
- Strong team spirit and excellent analytical skills.
- Candidates must be certified by the Government Medical Officer, to prove that they are physically fit, mentally and psychologically balanced to participate in the National Universities Commission (NUC) 2020 recruitment exercise.
- Candidates with strong interpersonal and communication skills have an edge.
- Candidates must be completely healthy, and must not be physically challenged.
- Candidate that are experts in basic computer applications have an edge. Basic computer applications include; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Access, Web applications and the use of other relevant applications.
- Candidates interested in National Universities Commission (NUC) should possess strong leadership and management skills.
- Applicants must be inherent citizens of Nigeria.
- Applicants should be highly organized, with strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, both externally and internally.
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement and a desire to learn and improve.
- Applicants must be creative, innovative and willing to adapt to new ideas and environment.